Its Day two since Uhambo by the grade 7 student Andrea Sibanda (Andrea the Vocalist) from Mkhosana in Victoria Falls featuring South African star Aubrey Qwana dropped and the feedback has been overwhelmingly amazing. We have decided to take you through the production process behind the track.
By Plot Mhako
Uhambo was produced by Juizee, a South Africa songwriter and producer under JBross Entertainment. Juizee also had to write for Andrea and we must say he did an exceptional job. The process started with pre-production where Juizee used the viral video clip to compose the instrumental. Thereafter, the drafts had to be prepared and sent to Andrea to rehearse in Victoria Falls, with the assistance of Nkanyiso “Tokyo”. Jbross Entertainment then paid for and arranged for vocal recording at Danica Studios where Andrea The Vocalist and backing vocals by his dad, Mr Ntando Sibanda were professionally recorded.
Meanwhile, Aubrey Qwana and his manager Tshiamo from the T-Effect were kept abreast of all developments.
When Andrea Vocals were sent back to South Africa, then Tendai oversaw the making of the draft song, with space left for Aubrey Qwana to do his verse. Once the song was ready, it was sent to Aubrey Qwana for completion of the verses. There was pressure, time was moving and Aubrey had other commitments, including shows, rehearsals and preparation to release his EP, which came out on the 26th of November.
When Aubrey Qwana finally recorded, the whole project was sent to Dobby 404 ( Dobby Mokoena) and engineer, who did the mixing and mastering, before the song was prepared for release.
Some very interesting facts:
● No corporate funding was received and or used till this stage of the project, although we still need sponsorship to make visuals for the song.
● Song production costs were all fully funded by Tendai. ( No artist involved spent funds on the project)
● Andrea The Vocalist verses were written by Juizee a producer and songwriter at JBross Entertainment
● One of Andrea’s videos got 3 million views on Tiktok within 10 days.
● Andrea recorded his vocals at Danica studios in Victoria Falls in early November 2021, assisted by Bruno ( Studio Engineer)
● Andrea sang Uhambo as punishment at a church session in Victoria Falls ● Andrea has been singing since he was 5 years old.
● Andrea is 12 years old.
● Andrea is in Grade 7, just finished writing his exams
● Andrea has two sisters and one brother, he is the second born. ● Andrea’s father is a security guard.
● Andrea is from Mkhosana Township in Victoria Falls
● Juizee SA (South African producer and songwriter) wrote lyrics for Andrea and produced the entire song.
● Dobby Mokoena (Dobby404) ( Mixed and mastered the song).