The National Arts Council of Zimbabwe (NACZ) is pleased to inform stakeholders that following engagement of the government and the subsequent decision taken by the government through the cabinet to allow the partial reopening of the Cultural and Creative Industries (CCIs) the following low-risk sectors with controlled sit-in spaces can now open;
- Cinema (Houses and Drive-In)
- Visual Art Galleries and Studios
To start operating the CCIs sector spaces must be inspected, have a National Arts Council of Zimbabwe certificate and must meet the following:
- Staff MUST be vaccinated.
- Ensure availability of adequate potable water supply.
- Provide safe sanitary facilities which are cleaned regularly.
- Regular disinfecting provisions using the approved disinfectants.
- All staff to be provided with adequate and appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
In addition, to ensure compliance and strict adherence to health regulations all CCI venues should ensure that they host events where audiences are easily controlled and managed. The following shall thus apply for ALL such events.
- All patrons shall present proof of vaccination at the point of entry
- The number of patrons shall not exceed 50% capacity of the venue’s holding capacity.
- All patrons must wear their face masks during the show.
Players in the sectors that have been allowed to reopen are hereby encouraged to comply with the set Standard Operating Procedures to ensure that CCI spaces remain safe and do not descend into COVID-19 transmission hotspots.
NACZ will continue to monitor the situation and engage the government for the remaining CCI disciplines and art forms to be covered as well.