Exactly a year ago a Zimbabwean made romantic series hit the internet. Boasting of an impeccable but fairly never seen before cast, the production was an instant hit. After ten episodes the series ended on a highly emotional note. Fast forward, memories still fresh on many peoples’s minds we have some exciting news to share. Season 2 starts soon!
By Plot Mhako
Wadiwa Wepa Moyo is possibly the most highly anticipated creative project in Zimbabwe apart from what the two musical icons Jah Prayzah and Winky D have to drop this year.
This week i had a chance to speak to Comedy Central co-founder and director Derby Bheta on earGROUND LIVE. He gave us some exclusive information on the forthcoming Season 2.
TEN THINGS WE KNOW SO FAR!
1 Second season promises to much better than the first one. The production team has improved on several shortfalls in the first one.
2. Season two will have longer episodes. (at least 25minutes each)
3. There will be additional new faces joining the cast.
4. Tino Kadewere will feature in the 2nd season.
5. The entire original cast members will be in.
6. The show will premiere on Youtube on Wednesdays at 10am. May appear on other platforms.
7. Season 2 shooting in progress.
8. The show will premiere by August 2021.
9. So far the project is self-financed. Partners, sponsors, advertisers invited.
10. Season 3 will be the final chapter for the series.